Questions for Discussion
- When you had a bad day growing up, what helped you to feel better? What helps you now?
- What’s kinds of activities are rejuvenating and renewing to you?
- Are you the type that needs to have things “in place” to feel comfortable, or do you prefer “happy chaos?”
- Where do you draw strength from—people, places, things…or a combination thereof? Describe the sources in your life.
- What makes you feel safe, and what does this have to do with nurture?
- Where, and with whom, did you experience “nurture” in your formative years? Describe what was nurturing about it.
- What attitude do we need to assume, in order to be nurtured?
- What are the gifts that come from feeling nurtured, and what are the possible risks when one lacks a nurturing space?
- For whom do you provide a nurturing, life-giving space? How do you do that, and how has it changed over the years if it’s a long term relationship?
- How can we find nurture from our relationship with God?