- Do you speak any other languages other than English? If so, what language(s) and to what extent are you fluent in that/those language(s)?
- Sometimes communication can get “lost in translation” even when two people are speaking the same language. Share an instance where effective communication was halted by misunderstanding.
- Share something interesting you have learned from someone who comes from a different culture than you do. How did you learn it?
- What obstacles or challenges make it hard to communicate with another person?
- Are there any topics that you think are “off-limits” to talk about?
- Have you ever had to have a discussion with someone about an uncomfortable topic? What made the conversation so difficult?
- What opportunities have you had working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings? How have they challenged you?
- What topics do you think should be discussed in churches that aren’t being discussed already? Are there any topics that should be avoided?
- What do you think it means to be “clothed with Christ”?
- Paul tells us that we are given a new identity through baptism and that we are “one in Christ.” Does that mean that our differences no longer matter?
- How can our understanding of God’s word help inform how we engage in conversations with people who share different cultural, racial, religious, and political values?